Global megatrends shaping the future
Matthias Horx, Futurist and trend analyst
• The Future of Megatrends: Why the rules of yesterday don´t work for the next era.
• Re-Gnosis: How to look at the present from the future.
• The cradle-to-cradle-world of tomorrow.
Panel discussion: What does the future hold for packaging in respect of material?
Markus Müller-Drexel, CEO, Interseroh+ GmbH,
Ansgar Schonlau, Managing Director, Maag GmbH
Roman Billiani, CEO Business Unit Food & Specialities MM PACKAGING GmbH.
- Comparison of different packaging materials and solutions,
- Impact of legislative measures ((PPWR, Plastic Tax, Eco fee modulation),
- What are the global challenges for plastics and paper and how do they differ? (Marine pollution, CO2 emissions, energy consumption, forest overuse),
- Society's expectations of packaging.
The future of packaging automation is open
Steffen Winkler, CSO Business Unit Automation at BOSCH REXROTH AG
• Trends in technology and demographics
• Current challenges for machine builders
• Importance of software development
• An open approach to overcome most of these challenges
Global economy: Prospects and challenges
Professor Harald Oberhofer, Professor for Empirical Economics, WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business)
• This talk discusses the current state of the global economy.
• It identifies major shifts in the global economic environment related to the geopolitical considerations,
• And discusses their implications for the future shape of the global economy.
3:00 p. m.
"Embodied AI - future generations of smart machines"
Dr. Bernd Liepert, President euRobotics Aisbl, CEO & Founder more_about_robots
• The need of an European robot companion
• AI versus Robotics: How to learn from the experiences?
• Robotic as the key to the last mile of AI
(European) security in times of a global power shift
Hans-Lothar Domröse, Senior German Army officer, former Commander of Allied Joint Force Command Brunssum
• The Russian invasion into Ukraine marks a focal point of a bigger challenge: freedom or coercion.
• An "unholy trio" composed of Putin, Xi und Raisi provokes the free world.
• We are at the brink of an era of abundances moving towards an era of scarcity.
• The geo-political situation is under stress. It requires vision, commitment and leadership.
• Everybody must contribute to maintain freedom, security and well-being.
End of the first day
Evening event: Sky & Roofgarden @ STEFFL
To round off a busy day we invite you to a dinner and get-together at the SKY @ STEFFL.
Enjoy good conversation, meet interesting people, consolidate contacts in an
exceptional setting. All conference participants are cordially invited along with
accompanying guests. We look forward to seeing you there!
The Packaging and Packaging Waste Regulation – The role of closed loop circularity
Mattia Pellegrini, Head of Unit, Directorate-General for the Environment, European Commission
10:00 a. m.
Why “partnership for the goals” is the most important SDG: How L’Oréal leverages partnerships to create tomorrow’s beauty
Anne Linnenbrügger, Head of Corporate Affairs & Engagement Sustainability,
L’Oréal Austria Germany Switzerland
• Why we need to shift to solution-based communication
• How science-based objectives drive our sustainability transformation
• Why innovation and partnerships are crucial to move the needle
10:30 a. m.
Ferrero spA, tba
11:30 a. m.
Future demands on the packaging machine manufacturer from a brand perspective
Dr. Bernhard Orlich, Senior Manager International Engineering & Digitalization,
Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
• New drivers for packaging machine decisions
• Digitalization / sustainability influence on line technology
• Standard machine supplier expectations
12:00 p. m
What’s the recipe for innovation at scale?
Sven Seibert, Director R&D Packaging, Procter & Gamble
• How to scale innovations and solutions across platforms?
• When partnerships becoming best practices.
• Why end-to-end solutions in packaging are key.
Lunch and end of event
The conference management reserves the right to change the programme.
Grand Hotel Vienna
Kärntner Ring 9
1010 Vienna, Austria
The age of digital transformation: Global framework, strategies, best practice
At Packaging Strategies 2018 in Florence, Italy, we gathered for a holistic approach to digital transformation for machine manufacturers and solution providers. We tackled the global framework, strategies and best practice with first-class experts from politics, manufacturing industry, brand owners and retail.